Monday, December 19, 2011

Rollin' in Dough

Today marked the official start of Christmas Cookie Blitz 2011 in my apartment, which I celebrated by falling ill with some sort of inflammatory Martian virus, watching Gremlins, and making the Mexican Wedding Cookies from The Joy of Vegan Baking.



















There go dah bawlz into the oven. Joy of Vegan Baking claims that these should take "about 30 minutes" to bake, but my batches took a bit more than twice that. Not to scare you or anything, but...PREPARE YOURSELVES.




















Once the pecan-flavored lovelies are ready, toss them by the handful in a mixing bowl full of powdered sugar and you're ready to stand back and stare wistfully into space as you imagine yourself munching these between sips of espresso at the holiday table.



















Sugar Crunch Divinity. No, that's not my drag queen name - I'm still swooning over these cookies. Thanks to Monica for inspiring me to try this recipe!



















Now that I've started my food frenzy, here's recommendation #1 from my list of songs one should listen to while baking Christmas cookies:









































































































































No comments:

Post a Comment