Friday, October 12, 2012

Cocktails and Dinosaurs: VeganMoFo Edition Week 2

Semi-weekly posts dedicated to the discovery of week old news on the internet.



This was my meal tonight for watching the US Vice Presidential Debate.  Soba Noodle Soup from Wild Ginger and Pumpkin Ale.  Oh yeah, and tons of Sriracha.

  • Speaking of Pumpkin Ale, I found a bunch of pumpkin ale taste tests on the internet, like on bon appetit, drinkcraftbeer.com, and The Daily Meal.  The Smuttynose Pumpkin Ale seems to be fan favorite.  I can't vouch for them yet, but give me a week.
  • Pinnacle Vodka has a new flavor out just in time for the holidays.  But what kind of cocktail can you make with a Pumpkin Pie flavor vodka?  I got it!  Vegan White Russian with Pumpkin Pie Vodka.  That might be terrible, let me know.
  • While we're in pumpkin season, why not make vegan pumpkin whipped cream or pumpkin hummus OR a pumpkin keg.  Pumpkin Keg!  Okay, it's more of a pumpkin beer trough, but PUMPKIN KEG sounds so much cooler.
  • David Lynch has released his own signature limited edition Dom Perignon, The Power of Creation.  For the low low price of $150 US you can become the proud owner of your very own Lynchian Champagne filled with non-linear flavor structures and bubbles that defy logic with their own dark mystical behavior.
    Dom Perignon is vegan!  So the real question is, do I really need a new winter coat or should I buy a bottle of champagne I probably won't understand until I've drank it three or four times?
  • Hey Al Gore!  I think James Cameron just called you a fraud.
    "'You can’t be an environmentalist, you can’t be an ocean steward, without truly walking the walk,' said Cameron, 58. 'And you can’t walk the walk in the world of the future, the world ahead of us, the world of our children, not eating a plant-based diet.'" (via The Examiner)



  • The Cinnamon Snail's Adam Sobel shares vegan cooking tips on Ecorazzi.  Get advice about everything from "how to prepare a bad ass tofu" to vegan frosting.

Korean Sausage and Potato Special from the Cinnamon Snail


Cocktail of the Week:  Aviation

I had this cocktail at Gallow Green located on the roof of the McKittrick Hotel, home of the "long-running interactive theater hit Sleep No More". (via New York Mag)  The Aviation cocktail is made with gin, creme de violette, lemon juice and a maraschino cherry and has made me change my opposition on gin.

Send any news tidbits and cocktails ideas to: monicatara[at]gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment