Thursday, May 15, 2008

Snippets of Hell: Old-School PSAs

I'm sure I'm not the only person who finds this bit from the mid-80s creepy and unecessary. Yes, Pee Wee Herman has always been an idol of mine, but so has Steve Urkel, and I would back away slowly if he was gravely advising me not to hit the pipe.





When not one-upping Daffy Duck, Bugs Bunny enjoyed pointing out to children that the appliances in their kitchens would murder them if they only got close enough.




Finally, the worst one of all - a 90s spot that gave me a grammar-school nervous breakdown that was never topped, not even by the Muppets. Note that when I first saw this I was alone in a dark basement.



1 comment:

  1. The snake commercial also disturbed me and many other i surrounded myself with. I didn't die and your blog makes me laugh. toodles

    ReplyDelete