Monday, August 6, 2012

Vegan Tacos on the Jersey Shore

A recent trip down the shore brought me to the Surf Taco located in Manasquan, NJ.  One of the ten locations along the Jersey shore.  The perfect spot for fresh, delicious tacos on a beach day.

There is no vegan/vegetarian menu online, but the one pictured below is located on the counter as well as a gluten-free menu (not pictured).

This is the "Super Fresh Salsa" Bar with Mild, Verde, Baja, and Hot.  On the website it's called The Almost Famous Salsa Bar, I'm not sure if there is a difference.  Maybe the one in Manasquan couldn't get the movie rights.

On this visit I got the Vegan Tacos and some chips on the side.  The tacos were filled generously with rice, beans, Pico de Gallo, and guacamole, then generously sprinkled with the super fresh salsas by me.  The chips are on the thicker side, but fresh, tasty, and perfect for your leftover super fresh salsa.

Did I say they were delicious?  I know I've only used the word fresh fives times... six now.


No comments:

Post a Comment